- This event has passed.
Post-Covid 19: Is Virtual Dispute Resolution the Future of Alternative Dispute Resolution?
May 7 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+1
Post-COVID19 Discussion Series
Post Covid19 Business Continuity Discussion Series (PC19 Discussion Series) has the objective of re-focusing our minds from all the inundating news in the media about the negative implications of COVID19, and prepare us for the Post Covid Era Business Era.
The discussion series is a platform for insights on business continuity strategies in response to the COVID19 pandemic era, on overview of some of the immediate and long term impacts on the operating environment and the need for Africa to strengthen its existing supply chain systems in providing critical goods and services.
Objective of Livestream
Key Discussion Area
COVID19 and government ordered restriction on physical movements has had, and continues to have, an adverse impact on the global economy with disruption to normal business operations.
In the light of this, and considering the growing number of businesses that are resorting to working remotely, the number of courts that are working out practical directions for remote proceedings, the arbitral institutions that have resumed virtual sittings and the flexibility of party driven dispute resolution mechanisms, we will be considering the possibility of virtual dispute resolution as a preferred means of settling disputes in a post covid19 era.
This discourse is intended to shed light on the expectations of the consumers of alternative dispute resolution, the flexibility of alternative dispute resolution and its readiness for virtual hearings and proffer feasible remedies to any persistent concerns.
1. Identify and discuss how the pandemic/government lockdown will affect traditional and alternative dispute resolution.
2. Discuss the rigidity/flexibility of both mechanisms and the ease of making requisite amendments to suit the new normal.
3. Discuss the requirements and concerns of businesses in alternative dispute resolution post covid19.
4. Discuss virtual alternative dispute resolution: realities, current upgrades, and disadvantages.
5. Discuss confidentiality and data protection while using this technology.
6. Discuss the enforceability of awards in the lockdown era and post covid19.
Solutions and recommendations for a Post Covid19 Era
This is a Pre-Registered Livestream, please register by filling the form above to get the link for viewing.