- This event has passed.
Getting your Business Investable: What Resilient African Entrepreneurs need to know
Resilient Africa Week
June 23 @ 1:00 pm - June 24 @ 2:30 pm UTC+1
Resilient Africa Week 2020
The Resilient Africa Week is a week-long virtual gathering whereby stakeholders in private and public sector from a variety of industries and disciplines across Africa and Overseas, come together for solution-focused discussion and debate on Africa’s resilience in face of Challenges.
RAW 2020 event brings together some of the best African speakers and industry thought leaders who will share their best advice, lessons learned and strategies in spotting African opportunities during a Crisis. The virtual event would be based on “focused panel session implementation-style” where each panel session is a mini-event. Learn more about other panel session CLICK HERE
Background of Panel Session
Key Discussion Area
Entrepreneurs across the African continent are facing unprecedented challenges, with the spreading of the COVID-19 virus. Financial insecurity, the responsibility of caring for families and employees, the potential of social unrest, and the associated health risks this virus presents, are all affecting the African Entreprenuer’s psycho-physical resilience.
Africa Entrepreneur’s ability to self-manage, be resilient and make critical business decisions are all being tested simultaneously.
Many deals have been postponed or cancelled, but there are signs that transactions that were mature before the pandemic are progressing, and that investors are learning to navigate new logistical, compliance and regulatory challenges.
Many Entrepreneurs would still look to raise funds and there is need to understand the new normal from a perspective of private investors.This panel session seeks to look at the some pointers for entrepreneurs looking to raise funds in the current environment and what resilient African entrepreneurs need to know.
- Discuss the immediate impacts on investment opportunities across Africa. Is still appetite for investing in Africa? What do think is driving this investor resilience
2. How has the pandemic has changed the criteria of evaluating opportunities business in Africa”. Is there any new area of risk is been considered by investors as a result of the pandemic ?
3. How would legal due diligence be looked now in a Post Covid Era? What extra does the Resilient African Investor need to prepare for?
4. Covid-19 may require an African business to pivot from “growth at all costs" to “reasonable growth with a path to profitability”. How do you advise Africa Entrepreneurs to adjust their business plan and messaging accordingly, while still remaining “investible” to investors
5. Other Solutions and recommendations
Profectus Capital is a boutique investment firm dedicated to providing cutting-edge financial services and advisory solutions to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in Africa. ‘Profectus’ is Latin for ‘progress, growth or success’.
Axiom Business provides expert financial and non-financial solutions to clients with long-term partnerships to help them grow their businesses. Axiom combines its footprint on the ground with the latest technology to deliver superior solutions that are specially-tailored for its East African customers.
This is a Pre-Registered Event, please register by filling the form above to get the link to participate.
- Youtube Channel
- Resilient Africa Week 2020
- +234 906 254 7334